For visible, long lasting results with no downtime or need for anaesthetic, Dermal Fillers are the natural alternative to cosmetic surgery.
Whatever you wish to achieve; defined facial contours, fuller lips, prominent cheek bones or smoothened facial lines, the team at Creare Clinic can help you to attain the results you want.
One of the main changes that occur to our face with aging is volume-loss. Our skin becomes thinner and the effects of gravity can become apparent. Restoring the soft tissues of the face by non-surgical, minimally invasive injectable fillers is the corner-stone of facial rejuvenation techniques. It is effective in smoothing out deep furrows and wrinkles, especially between the brows, and around the nose and lips. It can also restore volume to cheek bones and prominences, as well as lips or any facial contour deficiencies. Dermal fillers are invaluable tools for both rejuvenating and enhancing your facial features without surgery.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers can be temporary or permanent. Depending on the type and brand, it may be composed of synthetic or natural gels formed by a variety of polymers and extracts from humans or animals. Creare Clinic uses the injectable gels which are made from natural compounds. It is a temporary filler which lasts up to 9-12 months.
The compound naturally occurs in the skin, and assists in skin hydration by attracting and holding water. It also combines with the matrix in skin to help provide skin structure and elasticity. It stabilizes intercellular structures and produces the viscoelastic network for normal fibers to bind together. As seen with sun-damage and aging, these connections fail, thus resulting in disorganized clumps of skin fibers. As a dermal filler, it is relatively long lasting, have minimal adverse effects, was easy to use, was ready to use out of the box, did not require refrigeration, was cost effective, and did not require skin testing prior to treatment. Since their discovery, fillers have emerged as the leader of dermal filling agents for soft tissue augmentation, owing to their superior cosmetic results.
The fillers are available in variable consistency, tailored specifically for different areas of the face. Softer gel is used in lips to ensure a natural result in both look and feel. High consistency gel is used for enhancing the cheek bones. We choose the this particular natural compound range for their advantages:
- Temporary filler which allows top-ups and re-contouring to be done in keeping with natural changes of your face over time.
- Easy to inject and manipulate
- Predictable, consistent and natural results
- Safe natural product
- Minimal discomfort as the gels are impregnated with local anaesthetic
- Some reversibility if required with hyaluronidase enzyme
Who will be performing the procedure?
At Creare Clinic, dermal fillers are administered by Dr Vrtik, our fully-qualified plastic surgeon, who specialises in injectable rejuvenation. After initial assessment and discussion, local anaesthetic is introduced as strategic nerve blocks to decrease your discomfort during the procedure. The fillers are then placed via a number of purposefully placed injections. To prevent lumping of the gel, vigorous massage is often undertaken after each site has been injected. The treatment usually takes 30 – 45 minutes depending on the number of areas being treated.
What can I expect after my treatment?
Expected after-effects of dermal filler injections include:
- Mild bruising around injection sites: this usually settles after 2-3 days, and can be concealed with a thin smear of foundation makeup
- Swelling of injected areas: swelling is usually mild, and is usually not noticeable after 48-72 hours
- Numbness to injected areas or parts of the face: the nerve blocks performed can also effect areas not treated, such as your upper teeth or chin; the filler itself also has some local anaesthetic within its gel, which may result in numbness of injected areas. Sensation usually returns after 2-3 hours.
- Pain: this is not common, but can be addressed with simple paracetamol such as Panadol or Panamax tablets.
- Skin redness: this is usually due to injection, vigorous massage and slight reaction of the skin which can take a few hours to 2-3 days to settle.
To minimise the above, rest, head elevation and brief applications of cold pack will help. Sun-protection is essential for 2 weeks after treatment. Avoidance of strenuous exercise, excessive alcohol and makeup for 24 hours is also recommended.
What are the possible complications?
Complications of dermal filler injections are not common, most of which may be amenable to treatment or will resolve when the effects of the gel dissipates.
- Allergic reaction
- Lumpiness and irregularity in contour
- Undesirable change in contour
- Foreign body granuloma
- Persistent or prolonged bruising
What are the advantages of dermal fillers?
Dermal filler is a very popular form of facial rejuvenation. Its application is versatile and adjustable to the unique needs and requirements of each individual.
- Results are immediate and can last up to 12 months
- No “downtime”, no pre-treatment or anaesthetic
- It is performed in a sterile environment for your safety
- It is more affordable than cosmetic surgery
- Effective on deep furrows and lines of the face and volume restoration for a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance
If you have any queries or unsure if this treatment is suitable for you, please do not hesitate to call us and speak to one of our nurse therapists.
Alternatively, you can make an appointment to see Dr Vrtik for a full facial assessment and discussion of treatment options specifically tailored to you.